Wednesday 10 November 2021

Improv Progress


 I've made good progress on my improv circles this week - and completed the 80 curve blocks, which I turned into 20 4-patch blocks and used to surround the original workshop layout.

Two things strike me.  

1) I was relaxed enough with the improv to accept that I needed infill strips to make the border blocks fit the centre medallion.

2) The border blocks aren't quite 'improv' enough - they are all too similar to one another.

All good to learn about it in practical ways!

This flimsy is approximately 50" square.  I need to make a backing, cut the batting and get this basted!

3 comments:

  1. Really nice work on this Improv piece...I like how the little circles surround those bigger ones...great color choices
    nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fab- and I'm so impressed as to how relaxed you are 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on this...I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.