Wednesday 14 July 2021

More Scraps make a Quilt

From a whole heap of orphan blocks and scraps, this is what has emerged!

I'm pleased with it!  Using up bits and bobs from years ago as well as some that are only a year old.  Curiously satisfying!


There is raw edge applique, piecing with various degrees of complexity, hand stitched embroidery, ends of strip sets and good plain scraps.


Some of the blocks went together well, and I was pleased with how the original work had been undertaken.  This 'orange peel' coming into the corner so nicely, for example.
Other areas, like the points on this star (made more years ago than I can remember) are not something to be proud of!  However, I love the colours and the work that went into it, even if at the time I hadn't made it very accurately!  So, in it went!

It was very liberating to use up all these bits and bobs.

I stitch all my quilts with love.

This little bit of quilting made that more literal than usual!  The plain space just needed a little something extra to the loose stipple that the rest of it has.

Colourful paisley borders.

Backing and binding of a cartoon cat.

Finishing at 40" x 42" it's not huge, but enough to give a little snuggle to someone through Project Linus, I hope.
 

2 comments:

  1. I like it. It’s a very happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I keep looking at my orphan blocks but can’t see how they could go together - you’ve done a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.