Tuesday 9 March 2021

Mini Starburst

Just time for a mini make!

I enjoyed the starburst quilt from last week, but wondered if I could try some more untrimmed Half Square Triangles in a small size to see how accurate they really were.

This was the resulting mini top  - finishing at just 8" square, rather than the 62" of the original.

I chose my fabric (the pale one is a solid pale green, it didn't photograph well!).  I wanted spring colours (think new growth and crocus flowers) but without heading down the yellow and green route!

Then I cut 16 x 2.5" squares of each fabric, and set to, making it exactly the same way as the larger one.

I have to be honest, I didn't know exactly what size it would come out at.

I think that it might become a panel on a file cover or perhaps part of a bag.  

Fun, but not really a practical size to use, or small enough for an interesting display piece.  Still, it's good to be able to sew simple stuff without necessarily having an end goal, isn't it? 

1 comment:

  1. Astonishing accuracy at that small size Plum, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.