Tuesday 17 March 2020

Scrap Busting

 When your scraps are trying to break out of your drawers you know that it's time to take action!

The labels giving sizes on each of the drawers are more good intentions, or a once, now distant, dream.  What actually happens is that I just stuff scraps in there at the end of a project.

 They didn't look less full once I'd pulled them out from the unit - but I did discover that the bottom drawer is still full from last time I had a good sort out.  Oops!  Those bags will be added to over the next couple of weeks, I'm sure.
The contents of just one drawer - which represents several hours of cutting ahead of me.  I'll be working to my usual sizes.

  • 10" squares
  • 5" squares
  • 3.5" squares
  • 2.5" strips
  • 2" strips
  • 1.5" squares
  • Odd bits and odd strips
These are sizes that I can use up easily.  Anything smaller than either 1.5" square or 1.25" strip gets thrown away.
Once I've finished all the cutting (I expect that it will take a couple of weeks, doing it just sometimes to not over do the shoulder or wrist efforts required) it will be time to decide how I'm going to use them.

3 comments:

  1. You do have your work "cut out" ;))) for you...but look at all the great pieces you'll have to work with hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Plum, hope you're staying well. Both lads are back with us now, which is "a blessing and a curse" as the saying goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. scraps are impossible...they multiply like rabbits...Yet I save them and save them hoping there will be a trailer hitch on the hearse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.