Tuesday 30 October 2018

Show's Over!

 Our group quilt show is over.  For three days the cathedral like space of The Landmark Art Centre was filled with quilty colour, inspiration and outright loveliness - but now it is over. 

Avril, of Stitchinscience won the visitors choice award for her 'Bigger Australian Splash' - congratulations Avril!  Apologies for the poor photo - you can see a much better one on her blog here.
 I had the chance to see my 'Ultimate Sampler 365' quilt hung for the first time - the bottom was still draped on the floor, as it is such a monster quilt, but I was pleased to see it on display.

Big thanks to the committee and all the other group members (and their families!) for making the show happen.  They did a great job of hanging so many lovely pieces and giving over 600 visitors pleasure, as well as raising money for both REACT and the British Heart Foundation.
 There were many other quilts in many styles.  Lots to think about.  Apologies in advance, but the photos of the hanging labels that I tried to take were of even poorer quality than the quilt photos, so I don't have attributions for all of them.  My photography skills in the low light level of late Sunday afternoon were not quite up to the task!  If you recognise your quilt here without your name then please let me know!

I suspect that this was foundation pieced.
 This quilt had been hung at the Sisters outdoor quilt show too.  Isn't it gorgeous?
 Love a jelly roll play - I think that this was by Karen.
 Another piece of beauty by Avril - wonderful piecing and quilting shown here.
 Fabulous art canvas by Karen.  Lots of different techniques drawn together with their palette and theme.
 Benta's Ferris Wheel. Paper pieced.  Love the colours and the quilting on this too.
 Back in the sewing room (after a good rest!) I sewed these two Aves Quilt blocks.

This is number 40 - a 6.5" block.
Number 41 brings me back to up date - another 6.5" block.

Love sewing!  Love the friends that I've made through sewing!  Love playing with fabric in all sorts of ways!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Plum. The light on Sunday afternoon was atrocious! Great to see your "365" in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 365 was stunning! Thanks for the shout xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.