Wednesday 17 October 2018

A finish!

 These little 3 1/2" squares made up the requirement for week 39 on Aves block of the week.

Cute, but I'm a bit worried that I'm running short of my light colours already, and we still have several weeks of lights to go, I think!  It's going to be 'nip and tuck' - although at least as I'm making a scrappy version I'll be able to add in additional fabrics if I need to - although I'll need to hit the shops as anything from my stash is already in the pile ready to use!
My finish is really a 'group quilt' finish.  Made for DD1's form teacher who is about to go on maternity leave, the girls decorated the required blocks with good wishes, colourful motifs and their names.  I merely helped by putting it together and finishing it off.  Dreadful photo, but in real life, a lovely meaningful quilt!

I'm now at a pause - I need to decide which of the many options I have I choose for my next quilt.  I think that I might have a look in my scraps drawer and decide whether its going to be from scraps or yardage before any other decision can be made!

2 comments:

  1. Those are teeny-tiny flying geese!!! They made pretty little blocks. The quilt for your daughter's teacher is going to be cherished enormously, I'm sure. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those Aves pieces getting smaller???? Love the teacher's quilt - bet she will cry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.