Wednesday 25 July 2018

Summer

 I have the same problem as last week, in that the colours of this quilt are much softer in real life - the wide border is a soft creamy calico, for example.

I'm really pleased with this little quilt.  Its A3 size, made for my quilt group challenge which was to represent the season which I pulled out of a hat.  Mine was summer, and this piece is called 'Norfolk Summer'.  I was trying to get the lazy golden fields and the big skies - all from the remains of my scrap collection!

Thanks to Benta for my 'hedgehog' (which is really an Australian echidna, sorry for transplanting it!).  I think that the quilt really needed that and the tiny bird embroidered at the top too.
My other crafting fun has been to make these paracord key rings.  As a result of misunderstanding some paracord bracelet instructions, I had four short lengths of cord with no particular use for it.  A gal pal, Nicki, suggested that key chains might be the way forward, and she was right.  I love it when I have the fixings on hand to make something from almost nothing!
Thanks for the idea!

School summer holidays are in full swing, and I'm going for the relaxed vibe!  I hope that you are able to enjoy some relaxed crafting too.

2 comments:

  1. Love your little picture piece--nice work on this landscape...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is beautiful, glad to be part of it!! The key rings are a good idea, I think the split ring on #3 will fare better than 1 and 2 though! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.