Wednesday 6 June 2018

Order from Chaos


 I should have taken a photo of the snake pit of strips before I sorted them into colour families - that was true chaos!

I had quite a collection of 1 1/4" strips and 2 1/2" strips, it turned out.
 I'm carrying on working my way through them still.  These nine purple blocks look fab, don't they?  This heart shape is a happy accident.  I'll play around with the layout, but I like the idea of setting them within some plainer fabric pieces as a quilt top.
The way forward for these 14 pink pieces is less clear.  Obviously I still need to press and trim the blocks with the narrow strips, but after that I might mix them with another colour or two to get a reasonable size quilt.

I'm not sure whether I'll keep them all the same orientation in the final quilt or not.  Playing with scale, colour and orientation sounds like a big task, so I might limit one or two of those variables when I get to it.

For the moment, though, I need to start work on my blue blocks!

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy!! I have a few drawers of strips too, as soon as I get some sewing time (don’t laugh!) I’ll try and use some up - unless you can use them??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.