Wednesday 27 June 2018

Cake and Blocks

A nice simple 6 1/2" block from Kathryn Kerr for the Aves BOW (23) this time.   We have just passed the half way point of our 45 week programme.
 We are now a household with two teenagers!

One of whom will shortly be sporting pierced ears, hence my attempt to model an ear on this fruit cake.
 I didn't try any thing too ambitious on the following day for a three layer chocolate and vanilla cake!
 Other time has been spent deciding on the right fabrics to make a quilt that will tone with this bed linen.
Decision made - these three fabrics (you can't see the almost self -coloured white dots on the centre fabric) with the dark coral fabric to be used as a binding, matching the pillow case.  This one has a deadline (another 80th birthday present!) so I'll be trying to complete it before the school holidays start, which for us is on the 19th July.  I'd better get sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice choice--I love that soft lavender with the other two...looking forward to seeing this come together...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m getting impatient- I want to see how the Aves quilt will go together - lots of lovely blocks!!great cakes too, and I’m sure the quilt will be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.