Thursday 23 February 2012

TAST Week 8 - or more small sewing!

 Not the best photo, but I've been taking part in TAST 2012 (Take a Stitch Tuesday).  I've managed all eight weeks so far, although I have to say that I'm not producing particularly imaginative or complex samples!  I am, however, trying stitches that I've never tried before, and recording the odd one or two that I have tried before.  This is my first page of  I hope will become a sample book by the end of the year.
 This was the only other sewing of the week.  A card for the postcard swap that I'm part of, with a theme of flowers.
My DH has been MUCH more productive, though - welcome to Library Wall!  We had a couple of  tall shallow book cases here before, but he moved shelves around and added an extension onto the front of the lower shelves to accommodate our larger tomes, and now we have this.  Didn't he do well?

Completed in the nick of time - our new sofas arrive in just a few days!

Right, back to the sketchbook as I carry on looking at hexagon patterns.....

3 comments:

  1. I love your idea of a sample book! will you keep us updated??
    I like your postcard too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh the room looks fab, well done Simon! The embroidery book is a great idea, well done for sticking with the project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks to me like you have been busy. Nice idea to make it into a sample book - Nice postcard as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.