Sunday 25 July 2010

Re-cycling? Up-cycling?

I keep meaning to find out the definition of 'up-cycling' - as I suspect that changing a pile of used dye catchers and some scraps of wadding into purses for the staff who have looked after my girls so nicely this year is probably up-cycling rather than re-cycling (if up-cycling means producing a ' value added' end result).
Very satisfying to produce these purses, wrap them and pass them on! Simple hand sewing with variegated thread on most of them, machine sewing when I started to run out of time.....

I also made this cushion for G's teacher as she's been SO lovely and helpful with G this year - she's been in Owl's class, hence the stitchery.
That's the school year over.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.