Back in March, Lee of Freshly Pieced started a quilt-along for a quilt called 'Supernova'. I liked the idea, I wanted to make it, but right from the start I was struggling to keep up (DD1 has a birthday in March, that's my excuse!). Still, I completed the quilt top in June (just a bit later than the quilt-along finished), pieced a backing (as I was trying to work from stash) and spray basted it. I wanted to work quickly as I intended to give it to my sister and BiL who were visiting in July. However, DD2 has a birthday in June...... never mind, I planned to finish the quilt for August when I was visiting my sister. Hmmm. That didn't happen either.
About a fortnight ago I realised that we'd be meeting up again - so it was all systems go on the quilting front. I have to be honest, it's not my finest attempt. At 62" square it felt pretty big to manouver about, and, to be honest, I feel a bit out of practice for 'proper' quilting. Still. I freehanded feathers out towards each of the four corners, and than filled in the remaining space with a largish stipple. Then the scrappy binding was made and applied, the label printed and sewn on. Phew! Managed it in the nick of time!
Even better, my sister and BiL were both suprised and pleased (or they are lying well) to have it! Always a good result.
So, no sewing to show this week, although I have plans for a wall hanging before Christmas if I can manage it!