Wednesday 21 September 2022

Starting a new quilt

A quilting friend gave me some of her scraps. Lucky me!  I've cut them into the sizes that I commonly use, and have decided to use some of my 3.5" squares to make a simple quilt.
Sashing them with black is an unusual choice for me - I love the look but find it difficult to sew on sometimes.

Inside the quilt the sewing is all with white thread - easy to see and unpick if necessary!

After sashing was added on one side, I'd add a long strip / sashing to the top of the pieced, then it was ready to add to the quilt top.

It is based on an idea I saw on Pintrest, but I don't often make quilts with the blocks on point, so it's making me have to think about it!

Here is what I have so far, laid out on my 'design bed'!

Still more to do!
 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it lovely when someone gifts you lovely scraps! I haven't done an on- point in ages - I think you've just inspired me ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.