Wednesday 16 December 2020

A Quilt Finish

 








Finished!  Delectable mountains blocks set in a 'reflecting' pattern (although I have nine rows - all I could squeeze out of my green fabrics - so I have an extra row on the bottom of the quilt.
It's been through the washer and dryer, so it's lovely and scrumply - although I would usually have taken it out just a little earlier to get a flatter fold!
The backing was a vintage bed linen gift from Kate, who this quilt is destined for.  It's from a range which I think was called 'Down by the River'.
I used the rest of it to make an oversized tote to store the quilt in.  Curiously satisfying! 

The rest of my sewing has been making fabric bags for Chrirstmas wrapping.  Whilst I have enough for our family gifts, I find that I am making extras for my daughters to use for their presents for friends, and for extra birthday presents that need particular sizes!  All good fun, working with fabric and stitch is always going to make me happy!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice I love this pattern. I have just finished one myself...oh, only the top so you are way ahead. Nothing like a finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great ... did it make much of a dent in the greens ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.