Wednesday 26 September 2018

More blocks

 Most of my sewing this week has revolved around these fabrics and a collective project by my DD1s class to make a baby quilt for their form tutor.  Always fun to work on a project with young people!

With the left over fabric I will make a few little bits and pieces to be gifted with it, including this, my first 'weebrawbag' from a pattern by Laura Zuckerkuss.  Fun and faster than I expected to make.
 It was a birthday week for me - these were some of the lovely cards that I got.  These particular ones are all fabric postcards from a swap group that I'm part of.  You could probably guess that my requested theme was 'penguins'!  Aren't they terrific?

Of course, I'm trying to stay on top of my Aves BOW too.

This set of 3 1/2" blocks are from Week 35.
This (rather over full) 6 1/2" block is week 36.  I may still have another go at this one, as it hasn't hit even my normal standards.  The argument against this is, of course, that I haven't remade anything else so far, so it seems a bit 'fake' somehow to re-make this one.  I'll let the idea settle for a while and see how I go, whilst making much simpler things which require less marking accuracy of the pieces!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, your weebrawbag is so cute with the bears! I'm loving the colors in all the rest of your blocks - my favorites. If you don't want to completely remake the overful block since you haven't redone any of the others, you could compromise - just take the outer pieces off and maybe applique the central portion onto a whole white piece instead? Or yeah, just embrace the charm of it first-done-ness and smile at the gathers in the quilt. Either way has its attraction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!!! Did I thank you for my cupcake? I love it, and it’s been much admired! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.