Wednesday 22 June 2016

Midsummer mum

 I took some time to myself to make these four Hazel blocks....
 ....and these eight Hazel blocks (that's me all caught up now on Hazel, at least!).

Aren't they great patterns?  I love how these ones play together to make a great secondary pattern.
But the rest of my time I've been being a mum!  I took DD1 shopping on her day off from school on Monday (and we both lived to tell the tale - and even had fun whilst doing it!).

Yesterday my attention turned to DD2 - and yes, you might have guessed, we gave her a camera for her birthday!

Midsummer 'mumness' is fun, but I wish that I had the energy to both sew and put that amount of energy into parenting!  Still, I shall stay happy with being able to be a mum and thinking that it is appreciated by my lovely girls.
I also made these sweet pea pod purses (one boxed out, one not) for a friend of both girls who also had a birthday yesterday!

Thanks to Lazy Girl Designs for selling me this PDF pattern and showing me how to reattach zipper pulls to zips!  and big thanks to whoever it was that showed them on her blog last week, making me buy the pattern and order some 16" zips!

Gotta love the world of blogs!

Happy sewing everyone.  Hope that you are cherishing your family relationships too!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Plum, life does not all ways hand us a. Full hand but you amayz me how much you do achieve with 1/2 a hand LOL. Your little Hazel blocks are lovely and the blocks really are fun to play with to get thos secondary designs. Love the birthday cake to nice to eat LOL. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 365 blocks are gorgeous! I love your fabrics; they make each block look like a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Lots of lovely makes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.