Wednesday 23 March 2016

Sewing and Baking

 More work on my 365 challenge - the only sewing that I've managed this week.

These two squares are 6 1/2" square (ish!) and each demanded many mitred corners.


 These are the normal 3 1/2" square and show the start of the mitred corner set of blocks.
 The rest of my time this week has been taken up with baking and birthday stuff for DD1.




The first cake of the week was made to celebrate the news that DD2 will be going (along with several of her friends) to the same school as DD1 from September.  I'm looking forward to them both having the same school holidays and training days again!
The second cake was my best attempt to represent Brighton Pier (and specifically the fairground rides on the end of it) in cake form.  This was the destination of the birthday treat day out on Saturday - and I think that I'm still recovering from it, although the girls have bounced back!

I also made some bread - a no knead recipe - for breakfast after the sleepover.

Just one more cake to make (for the actual birthday!) and my baking efforts for the week will be complete!

I'm hoping to get a little sewing done over the Easter break, but it's always hard to know how much will actually happen once we start enjoying the school holidays!

Happy Easter, Happy Spring, happy sewing, one and all!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Plum great news on the school! Hope you have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got the school place you wanted! Well done on the cakes too xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.