Saturday 27 December 2014

Happy Christmas!

Merry greetings of the season etc. etc.!

I hope that you have completed all your sewing of Christmas gifts, drawn close to your family and are settling down to enjoy a wonderful Christmas!

This is my latest Christmas offering - Santa fabric, felt, a Suffolk puff and a wire wreath frame.  Very simple to make.  You want to know how I did it? 

I measured the width of the frame, added an inch, and cut a width of fabric strip of that measurement (my frame was 2" deep, so I cut a strip 5" deep with a pinking cutter).

Then, fold the fabric in half around the frame and sew the long edges together with a running stitch - they will tend to self gather, which is handy!

Add a hanging ribbon and whatever decorations you like that you can create.  I did wonder about adding baubles instead of felt decorations, and perhaps hanging some into the centre of the wreath.  You could have a lot of fun making these to your own style.  Quick to make, easy to personalise.  Why stop at one?!?

Happy Christmas to one and all.  I hope that your Christmas Wishes come true!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this wreath--I have an old falling apart wreath from years ago that hangs on my living room wall all year--so this might be an option for replacement...thanks for the instructions....now for a pair of pinking shears hmmmm.....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU HAVE been a busy bee this year havnt you, hope you have even more fun next year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame I've only just got to this - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.