Tuesday 22 October 2013

Not Strictly Seasonal!



I know that it's a funny time of year to be showing a daffodil, but I heard last week that my wild flower 'tile' - part of the 'wild flower meadow' for PlantLife is on display (along with a selection of others) at

William Morris Society in London (26 Upper Mall, Hammersmith, London W6 9AT.

The exhibition is open from to the public on Thursday and Saturday afternoons (2 til 5) and will run until the 9th of November.   I'm hoping to go along with my DDs at half term.


The tile (this time with all the others that were submitted) will be displayed at the Salisbury Arts Centre from the 15th of November until the 18th of December.

 I believe that it's still possible to submit your own tile, if you wanted to support this cause. Check the link above for more information about where the tiles are going to be touring.

So, apart from thinking about spring (and then wondering if the saffron crocus bulbs that we planted are ever going to stick their heads up above the soil this autumn - it's a crop that I hadn't thought of growing before) what have I been up to?

Well, my some of my girl friends and I made wristlets (or ribbon key fobs, or whatever you'd like to call them). A pleasing end result, not too much sewing (and even quicker if you make them on the sewing machine!).

Should I confess that the one in the middle isn't mine?  It was made by my good friend Tracy and looks rather splendid.  I've had to give it back to her now, though!

Other than that it's been C&G paperwork all the way - and I'm pleased to say that I've finally finished and submitted Module 9 of my course.  I'm officially three-quarters of the way through it now.
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the daff being exhibited, to Tracy for her lovely keying and for your course milestone! Have a great half term xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.