Thursday 31 January 2013

Can Spring be far away?


Or at least, can we pretend, just for this blog post?  after all, I have got the start of a daffodil to share with you!
I was reminded by Kate North 10 days ago about the Patchwork Meadow project.  They are encouraging people to make a textile 'tile' of 15cm square showing a wild flower.  THe project is to encourage people to think about wild flowers across Europe.  I heard about it some time ago, but it never actually reached a written list, so I'd forgotten about it!  Kate's prompt was perfect to remind me to start something, at least!
 
I used my stitch and burn technique over a sketch that I'd make (you can still see my blue wash-away lines on this photo, but I've sprayed them away now).  I'm planning to add hand stitching to the block to complete it, but I'm pleased with this as a start point.
 
I've cut my foam board ready for lacing this over when it's finished - I just need to plan the hand stitched part of it now and get on with it.
 
Last night I didn't hand stitch anything - but spent the evening papercrafting with friends.  They were very productive, and as we had a heart theme we are all well on the way to being prepared for Valentines day!  No photos, as I didn't remember to get my camera out.
 
Fingers crossed for this mild weather continuing - our feathered friends are now out in the their coop / mini run (although not the open run yet, we want them to know that the coop is home!).
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info - I shall pop over and take a look - lovely flower - would love to see it when finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dafs are my favourite flower! Your stitch and burn method is really effective x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.