Saturday 7 August 2010

Fragments 1


I'm quite pleased with this little quilt now that it's stitched. It's almost worth zooming in on the photo so that you can see the stitching properly - it's a piece that needs you to be up close and personal with it!


It's called 'Fragments I' and includes five little scraps of my late FIL's shirts. I'd like to get a shadow box to mount it into, but in the meantime I've adhered it to some black card.


I can see me making more of these - once the initial weaving is done it leaves easy hand sewing which I can do whilst the girls are engrossed in their own art and crafts.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely - it looks all soft, worn and old - but in a good way! I love the texture you have achieved on the two squares above and below the centre square:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.