Wednesday 27 February 2019

Follow the Instructions!

 Hard to see on this photo, but the centre block at the top in this photo is WRONG!  For some reason I'd failed to follow my own instructions (or anyone else's!) and the centre four patch wasn't rotated as it should be.  Doh!
 At least I found the problem at the 'ironing the quilt top' stage, just before basting, rather than after basting which would have been even more annoying!

Still, I don't really like to spend my precious sewing time re-doing what I should have got right in the first place!
 When it was corrected and the quilt basted I then sat down to quilt.  Having chosen what I thought was the perfect thread I wasn't completely convinced that I had enough to complete the quilt - which does make you a little bit tense, particularly as I have no idea what make or colour name this little lovely is!  Looks like a Cotty spool, but has nothing stamped on it....  Still, success - and the quilting on the main quilt was completed.  I shall also use this on the cushion front part of the quillow, but from the centre out so that any change can look as though it has been planned!
This is the layout for the cushion front - taken from the Twiddletails blog earlier in the year.

I'm pressing ahead with it and trying to get it complete before my sewing space is given over to being a guest bedroom at the weekend!  Fingers crossed that by then I'll be down to the hand stitching on the binding, but I still have some way to go before that yet!

Hope that you are enjoying some sewing time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.