Tuesday, 13 May 2014
Tutorial: Book Cover
1) Start off with the notebook of your choice and measure it.
You need four pieces of fabric in total:
Sleeves: 2 x (height of the book plus 1/2") x (width of book + 1")
Cover / lining: 2 x (height of the book plus 1/2") x (2 x width of book plus depth of the book plus 1").
2) If you want to quilt or decorate your outside cover now is the time to do it.
3) Fold your sleeves in half longways (tall ways!) and iron the crease in place.
5) Put your lining piece face down on the top of this pile and pin carefully.
7) Stop sewing when you have a gap of 2 - 3" left (you can just see it here if you look carefully).
10) Slip stitch the opening closed, and iron if wished.
I can't believe that it's taken me so many years to finalise a method that actually leaves me completely happy with the result!
I shall leave you to make your own choices, of course!
This is a quick make (20 mins start to finish for this one), but would be much nicer if personalised or made with a lovely quilted or embroidered piece, of course!