Tuesday, 6 May 2014
Slightly late for April!
I took the opportunity to use some of my 'leaders and enders' scrappy nine patches to make this little quilt. The nine patch squares finish at 1" square - so 3" square for each nine patch. I added some jelly roll strips to bring them up to a useful size before joining them to make the central panel.
I then added two strips of 'dancing hen' fabric - I'm working through my novelty fabric stash. I hadn't realised that the fabric had such pronounced dark sections in it.
Backed with my Ikea choice, bound with something lively from stash. It's finished at 39" square.
SweetiePie50. Of course mine will never be as beautiful as hers, but I thought that it would be a nice casual hand stitching project for when I am on the train (more train journeys than usual at the moment as my dad isn't well. To get to him is three train journeys and a taxi - and the same to get home - I do sometimes miss the ability to drive! hard to believe that it's 15 years since I last took the wheel). Unfortunately, I've found that it's almost impossible for me to stitch on the train! Before getting ME I didn't get travel sick, now, not so great. Heigh ho! Even if my cuff isn't being stitched (or anything else!) I am catching up on some Radio 4 pod casts, so things aren't all bad.
At least I have my cuff book ready and waiting in my bag for when I'm waiting at ballet / swimming / the adventure playground. Always good to have a portable project set up and ready to be grabbed.
I hope that you are managing some early summer crafting.