Next to be finished was this simple 'seaweed' style - with a move away from Kona Cotton solids into Fabric Freedom prints. If I was making it again I'd make the stems thinner.
Finally, I finished the ruched roses band, started several months ago! I decided to change this one too, from having just a few roses at the front to having roses all around it. What I can't decide, having looked at the photos, is whether I should add more spiral stitching up the sides and crown of the hat. I'm starting to think that it looks slightly odd to have the brim with the stitched spiral and the rest of it 'loose'.
I failed to take photos of my other cards or presents, but I can share with you that I got wonderful fabric, rope and a book about making fabric bowls (thank you Nicky and Peter!), a lovely handmade bag and necklace (thank you Benta!), and lots of lovely crafting goodies (thank you, DH and DDs!).
Off to play with some more quilt ideas for my C&G, and to complete part 3 of Love Entwined.
I was thinking about part 4 yesterday. I guessed that there would be about 40 pieces to stitch down, so was planning to try and catch up by adding three a day - finished in time for the 15th October and the next part. When I started counting, I realised that it was a bigger task than I'd realised. There are about 110 flower, leaf and berry pieces plus the stems, which I will probably embroider. So, about 10 pieces a day and a couple of days for stems. Doable if I set my mind to it but I'm not sure that I'll be able to manage quite that much when I'm still doing handwork for the C&G requirements! Perhaps this isn't the month to catch up after all!