More 'same but different' - this time a set of three post cards for a birthday swap. I used my 'stitch and burn' technique to create the applique hexagons - not at all traditional - lots of fun! Then I couched some threads to give a bit more texture and interest. All good fun!
Closed, though? It's just plain ugly! I need to use ribbon and a zip that go together, I need to use brighter 'cover' fabric, and I need to replace the nylon not-that-nice zip with a metal one (which will have cotton sides and so be easier to stitch through, I hope!). I'm not down hearted, but it is an ugly little thing, so I've resolved to try again at some point and to do better!
Plenty more stitching things to get on with (I managed to make a quilting 'to-do list' for 2013 which doesn't include the half-square triangle blocks which are lurking next to my sewing machine, oops, so need to try again with the brain engaged). Plenty more design things to get on with too, as I'd like to get my current C&G module finished before half term arrives - and I need to re-learn what I've half learnt and forgotten from my GIMP classes in order to move some of what's in my head onto the screen!
Happy Burn's Night, one and all. Nearly time for my (veggie) haggis with neeps and tatties