Wednesday 19 July 2017

Good Progress on my WIP

 It did take a while to make and trim all the HST blocks.  Then to make them into diamonds - remembering to make 'left hand' and 'right hand' diamonds for the pattern to work.

Now I'm starting to lay them out and sew sections of the quilt together.
 The larger blocks look like this
 Put together with the small diamonds they look like this.  This is one third of the quilt top.  I'm pleased with it!  Hope that my lovely niece will be pleased too with how her chosen fabrics are looking!
Enough spare time to make this postcard for a birthday swap.  Fun to use some scraps and add quilting to it.


Now time to go back to my diamonds and sew up a storm until my DD's break up from school on Friday!

Happy summer sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Love the design of your quilt. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely diamonds emerging!! I like the colors a lot..cute postcard...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty design, Plum! Love the colours too.
    (When I saw your HST's I thought you might be making the same quilt as me! I'm following Lori Kennedy's quilt-a-long.)
    Your postcard looks fab!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow - it's looking great!!!! Hope end of term went well ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.