Wednesday 26 April 2017

Ta-Da! 365 Challenge Quilt Complete!

 My 365 Challenge Quilt is complete!  Thank you, Kathryn Kerr, for the 365 different blocks that you collected for us to make.

You can see how large it is - I could only photograph half of it at a time on our double bed!

It is 102" tall and 78" wide.  It has been challenging to make and quilt, but thoroughly enjoyable.
 This is the bottom half of the quilt.  So many blocks to admire!
 And this is the top half of the quilt.  I'm hoping to come up with a way of getting the brackets for the hanging pole onto the wall that I can do without asking someone with a long ladder to do it, but that decision won't be made for a week or two.  Instead I'll settle for seeing just parts of the quilt, but up close!
 Monster quilt on the right, and her little sister on the left!

I used the three left over blocks (from bonus blocks), and as many of the HSTs and other scraps left over from constructing the blocks as possible to make this little 12" square mini.
How many pieces in it?  There are 338 pieces on the front, not including the binding.  Once I got started it was fun to try and puzzle the pieces together.

The wadding is pieced, the back is pieced - it's a really mini 'mop up' quilt - and made in less than a day!

I've still got a few light scraps left, but they will get used in other mini projects.  I'm thinking that there could be a few mini pin cushions there.

Time to shake the dust off some other projects that have been put aside and move them forward now!

6 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic Plum. Well done on keeping going and finishing a true heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful--great job--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Plum WOW what a marathon ????? It is stunning. You must be so happy to see it completed. It is a very BIG quilt. I also love the one hanging behind the bed what a beauty. Hugs Glenda PS My emails to you are bouncing have been for the last couple of weeks???????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! It's looking fab! So bright and cheerful! Let me know if you need brian (and I of course) to come with the van and the ladders!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! What a glorious masterpiece! Congratulations on your spectacular finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.