I've made lots of blocks this week! Three sets of nine (one of each set shown here) for the mystery quilt. Very fast, as they were 1) the same for each set and 2) already cut out ready to be sewn.
Those 27 blocks probably only took 90 minutes to sew together.
The 365 challenge blocks take a bit longer, as each is different to cut and sew. I'm guessing that the fastest I could make them would be 90 minutes for four, unless they were incredibly simple ones!
I've decided to try and make 16 blocks a week in an effort to catch up. Of course, that's only getting ahead by 9 blocks a week. I've calculated that if I can average 16 a week (even over Christmas / school holidays / anything else that comes along) I will finish making the last block in mid January 2017.
Not sure that is realistic, but I'll give it my best shot!
This week I made 14 blocks. I was pleased with the bottom RH one here, with the tiny pinwheel in the middle.
These two are 6" square rather than the others which are the smaller 3" squares.
I also added the final hand stitches into these trays, ready for Christmas.
I'm thinking that this looks even more festive, but wonder if it trivialises the tray to a 'mere' bonbon receptacle. If sent empty, it might also encourage alternative uses.
Something to ponder (and my DD's have offered to eat the choccies if I don't send them - kind girls!).
I was quite pleased how they turned out, though.
Right, back to the 365 blocks and some other sewing that I need to complete this week.