I'm away on my holidays - of course, taking my sewing machine and some projects with me! Unfortunately my packing wasn't as rigorous as it might have been and I arrived without either rulers or quilting gloves. I ordered a ruler straight away - and if I'd have realised that I didn't have my gloves I'd have ordered another pair of those too!
I didn't realise in time, though, so this hexagon piece will remain unquilted until I go home. I just got as far as appliqueing it onto a larger piece of fabric and wondering if the size was just slightly odd. It may work in my favour that it's unquilted, as I might add to it in order to get a more useful size.
Before going on my hols I made four blocks on the 365 challenge - but I messed up the one on the top right so badly that I think even I (with my appallingly low standards!) will need to remake it.
I did some border adding on the project, though, and added first the inner dark border.....
.....and then *most* of the light border. I seemed to come away without three of the light blocks. Really not my best attempt at packing!
Despite the lower LH corner being missing, as shown in this photo, I'm pleased with how it's coming together.
With my newly delivered ruler I'm starting to make the 50 QST's that I need for my next project. I hope to have more progress to report next week, when I'll be safely back in my quilting cave with ALL the equipment and supplies that I need (for the moment!).