Wednesday 20 July 2016

This and That!

 Ta-da!  The final 6 1/2" 'light' blocks from the second border are complete!

I haven't made any of the 3 1/2" dark blocks this week as my regular sewing machine has gone away for a service, and I don't trust the accuracy of my daughters machine which I've borrowed!
It was fine for making a few more sweet pea pod purses, though!
But the piecing on this 16 patch looks decidedly 'improv' even though I did start off with 16 x 1" pieces!

The windmill on the RH pincushion was the left over bits from the centre of the block in the first photo - too good to lose into my scrap basket!

My machine should be back by the end of the week and I'm looking forward to it!

Happy stitching, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I've made 14 of the Sweet Pea bags so far and I have zippers to make at least 10 more. They are just so cute and they are going to be great bags to give as gifts. I'm planning on filling some of them with little treats and giving them to the grands as part of their Christmas gifts. Your pincushions are nice. Did you use batting to stuff them? Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pea pods look really interesting, I'm thinking a triangle and one side of a zip. They would be good for small headphones. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Plum, I was looking closely at your second block if that is 6 1/2 finished those little squares must be only 3/4 square finished !!!!!! Are you hand sewing them? Love the colours you worked them in. Love the little 16 patch pincushion, I'm making one Simlair at present from my Jenny Beyer fabrics. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those HSTs are insane - or maybe it's you that is! Well done, they are fab! Enjoy the hols xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.