It does what it says and is going to provide instructions for making a block every day for a year. At the end of the year, if you've kept up, you will have sufficient blocks for a 90" square quilt top.
Not that I have any need for a 90" quilt top, you understand, but despite not coming across the challenge until late January, I thought that I'd like to join in.
The first blocks are fairly simple. I have made the first 21 in a total of 3 3/4 hours. I may be
playing catch up for a while, as I suspect that as soon as I catch up I'll get tripped over by holidays and the like - but I'm enjoying the little (3 1/2") blocks so far!
And this is my mainly batik fabric pull for the quilt. These early blocks are all in dark fabrics, for me, that's blues. I'm looking forward to making some blocks with the brighter colours later in the year.
365 - The Ultimate Sampler
I'm sure that it's going to be fun!
This week I finished the hand sewn decoration (not quilting - I did it before I layered the quilt), machine quilted around the tree, bound it, adding corner triangles for hanging, and added some buttons. Phew!
I forgot to take photos once I'd added the buttons on to it, though, so you'll have to wait for another day to see those.
I'm really pleased to use the fabric that DD1 gave me and some of the buttons that DD2 gave me for Christmas in this little project. Now I need to find somewhere to hang it!