Wednesday 24 February 2016

Happy Sewing

 I caught up with my 365 challenge - only to go away for a few days and so fall behind again!

This is the set of blocks for week 5.
 Week 6 is shown here.
 Week 7 here, and this is as far as I've got.  I think that I have a full week's worth of blocks to catch up with now!
Naturally the first thing I did when I got back from holiday was to ignore any current projects in order to create something completely new!

I bought some tartan remnants whilst away (can I recommend the Old Town Weaving Company at Castlehill on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh to you all?  £3 was the starting price for remnants - the smallest I bought was 8" x 51" which is incredible value) so made an oversized cushion with most of the fabric plus some curtain leftovers.  Perfect for my sewing room (where the curtains are) but apparently even more perfect for anywhere that DD2 happens to want to be!  Of course, you may get to choose your own colour ways rather than have the other three members of the family choose without reference to making a harmonious selection.....

Back to the sewing now - I'll see if I can catch up with those 365 blocks!

1 comment:

  1. The blocks are looking fab, and I love the story behind the cushions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.