Wednesday, 27 January 2016
I decided to add a gently meandering feather wreath - but it took me most of the two laps required (one lap for each side of the spine) to feel that I'd got my rhythm back! Still, better to have improved with that, rather than not to have given it a go at all!
I applied that (fused then machine sewed) to a contrast fabric then added further WOF strips in a quilt-as-you-go fashion until I'd covered the bulk of the fleece.
Then I added a 3" border to cover all the raw edges and frame the design.
Finally I added a fused name to personalise the blanket. All made in plenty of time for a birthday next week! I hope that she will like it.
Hope that you are enjoying some hobby time too!