Wednesday 4 November 2015

Its All About the Quilts!

 I haven't blogged since our quilt show - it was great!

This quilt by Marjolijn 'Old Dutch' won the visitors choice award.  My photo doesn't do it justice, but the piecing and quilting are lovely!
 My choice for the award (lovely though Old Dutch and many of the other quilts in the show were!) would have been Avril's 'Alice in Wonderland' quilt, which I think is truly wonderful!

The show went well, with lots of visitors (thank you!) and sales from the craft table, raffles and so on.  I hope that we raised a good amount for our charities.  Well organised by our wonderful committee - big thanks due to them for their hard work!
We also had a Project Linus stand there, manned for all three days by our tireless local rep, Jacquie.

About half the quilts that I make I pass over to Jacquie so that through Project Linus they can be passed on to people who need them.

She does a great job! Thanks Jacquie!





This was my stack of 13 quilts to pass over.  They were a mix of sizes, from single quilt down to  baby quilts.  Some where made with 'new' blocks, some with 'orphan' blocks - and some 'Angelika'd' (my name for using up left over blocks  and scraps at the end of a quilting project)

It feels really satisfying to know that they will go to people who need a little extra hug - love is sewn into all these quilts.
My only real sewing over the last couple of weeks has been this fabric postcard with a purple theme.

That, and helping another 15 or so girls make their own versions of wild women - I wish that I'd taken a group photo of them all!
DD2 has been working on a long term project - a quilt destined for Blue Peter, with a suggestion that if they don't need it, they might like to pass it on to Project Linus too.

I'm happy that she's working on this and hope that her big sister might do a bit more on it as well!

Happy sewing, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Plum was pleased to read the quilt show went off so well. How lovely of you to give away your quilts like that; and I do agree it is a wonderful feeling knowing that some one is going to be kept warm and snug under a quilt one has spent time and love on. Not sure how you managed to make so many though????? Great to see the photo of the budding quilter. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Plum, thanks so much for the mention and the pic of the Alice Quilt! What a great post, makes me want to get to the sewing machine right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for all the photos - I hardly got any of specific quilts! And now I can have a good look at Alice! Glad to see Blue Peter is being worked on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't thank you enough for all those beautiful quilts donated to Project Linus UK, Plum. Some have already been delivered to a women's refuge - and were received with huge delight as always. I so enjoyed the exhibition, not just promoting PLUK, but talking to so many lovely people about quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.