Wednesday, 16 September 2015
I came across two A4 journal quilts. For some time they haven't commanded wall space in the house. I had put them into my projects cupboard intending to make book covers out of them. Of course, the sizing wasn't quite right for an A5 cover, so the project languished.
Now, with my new found love of a zippy pouch (!) I decided that I'd be able to repurpose them into small bags.
It only took a few minutes and I was pleased enough with the result to be able to give it to one of my friends. A great result all round!
Another great result this week was being able to go to my monthly quilting meeting. One of the members, Julie, ran a great workshop on thermofax printing. Turns out that it's great fun, quite easy, and wouldn't take up too much storage space if I was to invest in some of the screens.....on no, I remember, I'm trying to thin out equipment, not buy more! Perhaps I should leave the thermofax idea on the back burner for the moment!
I hope that you are managing some early autumn crafting too.