I finally found enough clear and clean floor where I could (spray) baste the two parts of my Dear Jane.
It was then folded up, bundled into a bag and stuffed into a crate with my other sewing supplies so that it could come on holiday with me!
I've been wondering for years quite how I was going to quilt this project.
I tried out several patterns on a sample sandwich and decided that I'd give the 'flame' pattern (difficult to see here, but it's on the right hand side) a go as an all over pattern.
This was my sewing area for the week. Some people might think that it was a dressing table, what with the mirror behind it and everything....but with the addition of the ironing board it made a great place to quilt!
I started with the smaller of the two pieces. Then got on and trimmed and bound it, ready to hand sew the back of the binding and the hanging sleeve over the rest of the week.
Then it was time to tackle the larger piece. It really is on the limits of what I can comfortably handle, and I'm afraid that some of the quilting reflects that! I'm not sure that the sashing will be quite as straight and true as it was before I started quilting it!
Never mind, it's quilted, by me, and ready for trimming and binding when I get back to my largest cutting mat at home!
Of course, I stopped for frequent breaks to gaze at the view. Difficult to see here, but we have the most fabulous view over a village and some fields to the sand dunes, beach and sea. Whatever the weather (and it's been changeable this week, to say the least!) its been a fascinating vista!