Wednesday, 15 October 2014
A little early for snow?
I've decided to make a quilt using snowballs this month. I had hoped to have made more than just this sample one, but have been knocked sideways with a horrid cold and cough. Still, when I'm sewing again at least this will be a simple project to continue with. All the initial cutting is done, so it's just a bit more sewing, swiping the rotary cutter and pressing to do.
I'm making the blocks with coloured squares so I get the 'bonus' half square triangle blocks shown here at the same time. I'm looking forward to playing with them once I've made the quilt!
Here it is.
Somewhat busy with the novelty prints. The sashing (and how I wished that I'd had enough to finish framing the novelty squares at the top and bottom of the quilt!) came in a bag of scraps from The Skep in Leeds more years ago than I care to remember.
I'd always thought that it was 'cow patch' fabric, but the more I sewed with it, the less certain I became. I think that it might be Dalmatian fabric instead.
It has finished approx. 42" x 60" - so just right for wrapping up a child in (or for curling up under myself whilst watching mindless TV and sipping honey and lemon, as it turns out!).
Esther Alui has just published the LAST part of her Love Entwined pattern. Amazing quilt! I still haven't finished my fourth vase - which would be the last bit for me as I'm only making the central square. Time for me to pull it out of the 'project wallet' and see what I actually need to do in order to finish it.
Perhaps some gentle hand sewing would be just the thing for me this week!
Happy sewing to one and all!