Wednesday 20 August 2014

You're on the (rails) to nowhere.....!

 I wasn't really on the rails to nowhere!  I was on the rails to a place of much inspiration, however, the map (below, no, I can't seem to move it to the top of this post) made me laugh out loud.  No disrespect to the people who live there (and apologies, I can't remember which station it was, only that it's between Norwich and Cromer), but a map that shows nothing other than the fact that the station is on a road and near a track didn't seem the most useful to me!  Perhaps Greater Anglia could consider changing the scale so that it shows how to get to the village which didn't look to be too far away......!
Anyway, back to that inspiration that I was talking about.  I know that everyone and her mother has made an 'inspired by flooring tiles' quilt (or at least, that's how it seems!) but the photo at the top (even with my toes and the junk mail on the floor) shows just why they are so popular.  It's crying out to be made, isn't it?  A project to add to the list!

I was also inspired by these splendid pretend dwellings.

Don't you just want to run to your fabric stash and start creating crazy, whimsical houses too?
 Shaped for releasing rain from them?
 With a touch of the Dr Seuss about them?

In all sorts of colours?

Go on!  You know you want to!  If I have time to play with fabric this summer, this could make a fun jumping off point!

Thank you to my nephew for his entrance hall floor, and to BeWilderwood for the many and varied Twiggle houses.  We had a great day there and would heartily recommend it to any families who are within striking distance of it.  Completely charming with lots of outdoor fun to be had.

1 comment:

  1. So many lovely floors just clamouring to become quilts - just not enough hours in the day ! The houses look great fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.