Hurrah! I DID finish this little quilt (34" square) last week! Border 'flashes' from the left over bits of the 'trip' part of the quilt, simple quilting and a straightforward binding.
I also managed to finish and submit my C&G Module 10. This is a sample block (needs to be better finished in the real thing, if I get the go ahead. It's based on a shape that seems to reoccur numerous times in the garnet work that I saw in the Staffordshire Hoard.
Now the anxious wait to see if I've passed this module and whether the quilt design will pass muster.
This is the final quilt design, although I've decided to reverse the light / dark purples (as shown in the sample block above) and plan to make it scrappier than I've shown it.
I use QuiltPro to draft designs because I like to check measurements and because I like to know how much fabric I'm likely to use, but don't follow what I put down slavishly when it comes to fabric choices.
In the meantime I've got some handwork samples to complete, which means that my Love Entwined is on hold for the moment.
I managed to finish the last flower on my Love Entwined Part 6 last week, but failed to make the eight tiny circles that it needed to complete it I may leave them and add tiny sequins or buttons when I'm finishing the panel.
Just one more corner to make and then I'm going to think about a narrow border and binding, and how to / whether to quilt the panel. I'm planning for it to be a wall hanging (which is why I'm stopping here, not continuing for the rest of the BOM - my remaining wall space isn't huge) and I think that quilting will help it stay stable, not saggy, but it's hard to know how best to do this.
I'm hoping to carry on the good progress with my sewing - although at some point real life and other 'stuff' will have to creep back in!