This is probably my favourite piece - reminds me of Japanese screens - very simply pleated and stuck in a bag with the next two bits shown here.
Isn't it great that these pieces were all in just one bag of dye? I'm really pleased with the different effects!
I found the whole rinse / wash part rather too taxing to do by hand - so used the washing machine to do lots of it. A rather nice bonus was this array of colour catchers, which I'm looking forward to using. I confess to a niggling doubt about whether or not all the spent dye has been caught, though, as I didn't have enough time / colour catchers to get to the point where they were coming out white.....
An interesting conversation at my quilting group last night, though, where I was told that if the dye was spent (so after 24 hours from mixing with the salt / soda to be sure) I should be able to wash all the pieces together, rather than in colour sets. I feel a little more experimentation coming on (although I only have a limited amount of the white fabric for dying left at the moment!). If it works I might do more dying in the future, otherwise I'm going to leave it in the 'too physical' pile and move on with other things instead.
Hope that you are having a lovely colourful start to spring too!