Wednesday 11 May 2011

My week so far.

I haven't been awfully productive this week, but I have enjoyed what I've done, and I'm happy to share it!  I've also got work from other people to share too....

 
 First of all I thought I'd show you my completed cushion cover, using the Jacquie Harvey workshop piece.  I added a couple of rows of additional stitching using the same perle thread that I used for the french knots in the middle.

The border fabric was from my stash - and is a great colour match for the water colour inner ring and the perle thread.

This is my other finished make this week - a Kindle case.  I used some lovely text fabric given to me last year by Avril - thanks, Avril!  I'm planning to show a quick tutorial for this later in the week, just in case someone else wants to make one.  Despite my DS suggesting that I make a pocket for the cable, as my Kindle usage is likely to be 'ballet mum' style use (waiting for DDs to finish various clubs or lessons) I made a case that is quite light, and which doesn't have space for cable / plug, but which will repel biscuit crumbs and apple pips which inevitably form part of my luggage when toting snacks, entertainment and ballet kits about! 
Avril also ran a workshop at my local quilting group to demonstrate 3d windmills, which was an enjoyable chance to sit and stitch and chat.

Talking to Avril and another quilting friend, I was struck again by how enjoyable they are finding their textile courses.  I love the idea of taking a C&G course like this one, I was quite interested in the course run by the Open College of Arts, but I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to take the plunge yet.  It's not that I wouldn't enjoy it, just that I don't know if I've got the energy to do it.  Perhaps I'll wait until the DDs are a little older, although I'm not sure that they will take any less of my energy then!

 
I've got two more things to show you.  First of all this lovely quiltlet from the BQL challenge, made by Wendy Weller.  It's beautifully made and the perfect colours for my DDs' room, (the colour scheme of which was based on my memories of Jervis Bay, NSW, Australia - just look at the photo on this page to see what I'm talking about!).

The other mini work of art was one that I forgot to show a week or two ago - a lovely postcard from Benta - thank you!

Now, I'm not sure if these photos are going to come out in quite the right place....for some reason Blogger is being a bit awkward about positioning them!

I hope that you have a great week of sewing or crafting.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Plum ,lovely swap, look forward to seeing it. mine has to come all the way from Tasmania, so i;ll need to wait a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've done loads this week. I did a workshop with Jacquie but confess I didn't finish the piece, yours is lovely. The BQL quiltlet reminds me of the Gail Lawther NZ one I did recently, it's so lovely to layer all those gorgeous colours and create a seascape. I imagine it would work for a landscape or a sunset too - another thing on the to do list. I've just been sorting out my blogs all into one place, hope you'll pop over and say hello, I'm now at http://piecenpeace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the name check :-). I love the skinny swap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.