I'm planning to creep up on my Meg's Garden (flower tree) later and see if neglect has caused the bagginess to disappear so that I can quickly quilt it and get on with the binding and hanging it up...... if not, it's back to choosing a method of losing that bagginess and working on it a little more slowly!
In the meantime, I've finished a couple of sets of ATCs (Artist Trading Cards - a misnomer in my case, sadly - although I'm happy to trade cards I really am not artist) ready so that I don't get caught out by birthday swaps later in the year, decided on the craft activities for DD1's birthday party (yes, not until the end of March, but some of the discounts on Yellow Moon run out quite soon), and finished work on renovating a wall hanging for the school hall.
I've also finished work on another little 'fragments' piece. This time it's Fragments V. I put it in a 8" x 6" frame and then played to see which mount might suit it.
I thought that the cream mount was too bland, and didn't show the piece off, so daubed it with scrapbooking inks that echoed the variegated thread colours. An improvement in getting the quilt to stand out, but a little too 'reception class' for the look that I wanted (something that is true most times when you add me to either inks or paints, sad to say).
Finally I cut a piece of paper by 'Twelve by 12' (examples of the lovely 'colour texture' pieces that I love are shown here) and I think that this is how it will stay.
I also surprised myself by having an opinion as to which way up the piece should go...... and this way to me is the right way up, although I'm not sure why. Maybe the longer unwoven strips hanging off the bottom have something to do with it.