Tuesday 23 April 2019

Fun Quilt Finish!

 This quilt really deserves better photos!  it's such a bright cheerful quilt, and that really isn't shown here!

Have you come across the Missouri Star Quilting Co.?  A quilt shop, they have great tutorials and lots of help with plenty of excellent YouTube videos too.  Fabulous!

This is one of their patterns - called Pecking Order, as they talk about the triangles that are made being like beaks.
 It's based on a very simple block - a 5" background square with a 2 1/2" feature fabric square placed over one corner and stitched diagonally before being trimmed (covered corners, I think that the technique is called).  They used five packs of charms, I used one pack of Kaffe Fasset fabric charms and a couple of metres of white-on-white background fabric.

Very easy to sew, and a fun pattern.
 This is what an individual motif looks like.  I love how they are offset through the quilt.  Made up of 12 blocks, they are best laid out as a whole quilt layout so that you are left with easy joining of the squares to do.
 My version (10 blocks by 12 blocks) finished at approx 46" x 55".

Backings were a lot easier when I had some 56" wide fabric!  For this one I added a strip of blue about a third of the way across the giraffe fabric.
Bound with some spotty green fabric.

I'm very happy with how this finished!

Hope that you had a happy and productive Easter break too!

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.