Wednesday 16 January 2019

First Quilt of 2019 Complete

 First quilt of the year is complete!
I found a metre of car fabric and decided to make a 'fast four patch' quilt, using other scraps from my pile.

One of the 'bear' patches had to be made of two pieces of fabric, and I didn't have enough of the brown to make all the squares that I needed, but it works, I think.
 I tried to make it as non-girly as possible.  This part is OK, but there is another section of the back that does have plants and swirls.  Hoping that any boy this is gifted to can overlook that!
 The label was added after I finished binding, and there it was, the first finish of the year.  44" x 64".
I also completed the bunting this week - a total of about 60m bundled into 10m lengths and ready to post!

A little more sewing related tidying to do (I still haven't put away my Aves fabrics yet!) and then I'll set off on my next quilt!  Love sewing! Love having time to sew! Love sharing quilts with the world!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.