Tuesday 20 November 2018

Varied Sewing

 First of all, I have to ask that if any of you, dear readers, think that I have your email address, you are almost certainly wrong.  My laptop hard drive died, and although I'd backed up my photos and documents, I hadn't thought to back up my email account contacts.  If you'd like to be in contact with me by email, please drop me a line - thank you!

Now, to the sewing.  This was my version of Aves week 43 - a much simplified version that still didn't go together very well!
 I made some more fabric buckets / baskets - and finally finished the crochet bag that I was working on, seen in the 'project bucket' here.
 Time for a little handsewing after that.  The edges of the hexagons are 1".

Fun to try, but I'm not such a fan that I'm planning lots more of them.
 I came across a couple of zippy pouches that were cut out but not sewn (can you tell that it's been a tidying up sort of week?!?) so back to the sewing machine to complete them.


 Then it was time for four 6.5" blocks for the corner of the Aves quilt.

It seems late (only three more weeks to go!) to be introducing another fabric, but I bought this from Creative Quilting recently and love it.  Admittedly, leaves rather than feathers, but I love it!
Finally, making some more strip blocks and pulling them all together into trial layouts.  Not a great photo, but you get the idea!

I'm thinking of how to quilt it now - and putting off basting it!

I've also delivered 13 quilts to Project Linus this week so it really was a week of varied activities!

Hope that you've been enjoying some sewing or crafting time too!

2 comments:

  1. Busy week Plum. I love how the strip blocks are looking. You're inspiring me to get cutting my scraps once panto' stitching is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - very productive week! Love the scrappy quilt and the zippy pouches (and the pin cushion ... ok I love all your stuff!!!). What a pain to lose your contacts, hope you get them back xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.