Tuesday 2 October 2018

Sewing Small Things

 Week 37!  It really feels as though we are getting through the blocks quickly now - and these eight 3 1/2" blocks were nice and simple to produce.
 I've been sewing small things over the last week or two - from the scraps of what will become a baby quilt (once the rest of the team have decorated their blocks).  Three different types of bag, a covered notebook and two tissue covers...
 ....and this baby taggy.  My best attempt at a heart on this side (and words like 'baby' and 'hugs' quilted into it)
 whilst using the same bear fabric used in lots of the other small items for the back.  it's going to be the baby quilt backing too.

A fun way to use up some of the left over fabric.
My other textile ventures have been into crochet.  A cowl (which my DDs suggested I could wear as an ear warmer if I wanted to) and a flower, which I'm assured can be turned into a star with a bit of fabric stiffener and some blocking.

All good fun, but I'm starting to think that I really need to get my teeth into another 'proper' quilt project.  The only thing is, I've got 'real world' stuff to be doing instead!  It's never as much fun as sewing, though!

1 comment:

  1. Nice and simple blocks maybe, but manically small!! Love the taggie too, I’ve used ribbon before but I think I’ll try fabric next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.