Wednesday 19 September 2018

Pleased with my Progress

 The start of the new school term means that I have more time and energy for sewing - so I've had a chance to catch up on the Block of the Week Aves quilt that I'm making.

Week 31 was these eight 3 1/2" blocks, made using the fast flying geese technique.
 A single 6 1/2" block for Week 32.
 Another set of eight 3 1/2" blocks for Week 33
Another single 6 1/2" block for Week 34.

I'm still learning about machine applique - and didn't manage to add these little pieces without them shifting quite a lot.  I'd decided against pinning - it seemed that there was lot of pin compared to fabric - but might think about a temporary glue to hold them in future to achieve a better placement once they are sewn.

Phew!  Pleased to be caught up!

1 comment:

  1. You must have quite a stack of these by now! They are looking great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.